Our Purpose (Why we do what we do)
Our purpose is to create a safe, secure, fun and trusting environment that nurtures our children – allowing them to explore, discover & fulfil their potential. We instil in our children the confidence, resilience, skills and self belief to journey out into their expanding world.
Our Educational Philosophy & Principles (How we educate)
We exist as educators, guides and leaders to shape our children’s learning experiences around connection, inclusion, fun and risk taking in order to help them discover their potential and shape the world around them.
- We believe in the educational and developmental power of play based and emergent curriculum – that fosters fun, creativity and free thinking.
- We believe in developing the whole child – and nurturing the child’s well-being through an independent mind, a healthy body and a connection to the natural world.
- We believing in empowering children to be safe, happy and allowing all children to participate equally.
- We believe in the critical role of working with families for the development and growth of the child.
- We believe in the core principles of respect and care – for self, those around you (embracing differences) and the world.
- We believe in the educational power of allowing children to take controlled risks in order to learn, grow and discover their potential.
The Marketing Statement (what it will feel like to send your child to us)
- South Kingsville Pre School is a unique place of learning and discovery. The overwhelming essence of our pre school is warmth and connection – where the child is the centre of everything we do.
- We have created a safe place for children to feel free to learn and discover.
- Our play based curriculum stimulates energy and fun while our physical lay out (of one large room) generates a sense of connection, community and openness. Children – and parents – feel this connection the minute they step through the door. We believe that creating this environment not only helps children to learn and grow but also gives parents confidence. We take care of your child like our own.
- At South Kingsville we put immense thought and planning into the curriculum and strive to challenge ourselves to learn and adopt best practice. We ourselves are role modelling what we ask our children to do.
- The staff are carefully chosen for their values and cultural fit in order to create a strong, supportive team that lies at the heart of this learning community. We take personal time out together to work on making the team strong and ensuring we are aligned to our purpose and philosophy. This means the staff are energised, supported, safe and connected – allowing us to put all our energy into teaching the children.
- At the end of the day our job is to nurture and support your child. We know we are the first step in a long life of education, learning and growth and we take this responsibility incredibly seriously. We know our job is to set your children off into the world with a love of learning – and the resilience, strength and wonder they need to become who they are.
Child Safe Statement
South Kingsville Preschool is committed to child safety. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children as well as staff and volunteers. South Kingsville Preschool is committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability and /or vulnerable children, allowing these children to participate equally.
We have zero tolerance of child abuse and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures. Please refer to our child Safe Policy for further information.