Our Purpose (Why we do what we do)
Our purpose is to create a safe, secure, fun and trusting environment that nurtures our children – allowing them to explore, discover & fulfil their potential. We instil in our children the confidence, resilience, skills and self belief to journey out into their expanding world.
Our Educational Philosophy & Principles (How we educate)
We exist as educators, guides and leaders to shape our children’s learning experiences around connection, inclusion, fun and risk taking in order to help them discover their potential and shape the world around them.
- We believe in the educational and developmental power of play based and emergent curriculum – that fosters fun, creativity and free thinking.
- We believe in developing the whole child – and nurturing the child’s well-being through an independent mind, a healthy body and a connection to the natural world.
- We believing in empowering children to be safe, happy and allowing all children to participate equally.
- We believe in the critical role of working with families for the development and growth of the child.
- We believe in the core principles of respect and care – for self, those around you (embracing differences) and the world.
- We believe in the educational power of allowing children to take controlled risks in order to learn, grow and discover their potential.
- We believe in building a connection to the land, recognising and valuing our shared Aboriginal history, embedding Aboriginal perspectives into our curriculum and to actively embrace and share the message of reconciliation.
Child Safe Statement
South Kingsville Preschool is committed to child safety. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children as well as staff and volunteers. South Kingsville Preschool is committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability and /or vulnerable children, allowing these children to participate equally.
We have zero tolerance of child abuse and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures. Please refer to our child Safe Policy for further information.